Welcome to the Equality and Diversity toolkit
This is an interactive toolkit to help you promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, (STEM) careers to people with a range of backgrounds and needs.
You can use the toolkit as a:
- Prompt - to remind you of things you can take into account when considering activities relating to STEM Careers.
- Resource - to give you ideas about where to look for particular information regarding equality and diversity specific to STEM and some more general points
5 Top Delights!
Case Studies in the Resources and Tools section give quick answers to common questions
- Use the STEM Subject Choice and Careers Project 'Good Practice' document to get useful, practical hints on how to make materials more inclusive
- Have a look at the examples of inclusive posters, including the 'Engineering Islam' in Resources
- Make the Where Are You Now section your starting point for quickly checking the gaps in your knowledge
- The Top Tips has some handy hints on how to improve your practice in developing materials
A new comic book from WISE for young women, giving a glimpse of the wealth of opportunities STEM careers have to offer
A list of the websites used and referred to in the site is in the resources section of this site.